Attend Service Unit meetings and the Annual Meeting.
What are delegates?
The job of a delegate is important in influencing the decisions of the council. Delegates are voting members of Spirit of Nebraska and are selected by their Service Unit to represent them to the board of directors.
Serve for a two-year term.
Elect the officers, the board of directors, board development committee and delegates to the national council meeting when needed.
Participate in discussion and debate on issues of concern that will have an impact on the future of Girl Scouting.
We are currently accepting nominations for council delegates. If you are interested in serving as a council delegate, please contact your Service Unit Manager or Spirit of Nebraska staff member to fill out a Delegate Selection Form on your behalf.
- Selected delegates must be current members of Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska.
- Selected delegates must be at least 14 years of age or older by September 30, 2019.
- Selected delegates must be available to attend the Spirit of Nebraska Annual Meeting on April 18, 2020 in Omaha, NE or one of the other remote locations.
- Selected delegates agree to serve a two-year term, from the 2020 Annual Meeting to the 2022 Annual Meeting.
The deadline to submit nominations is Sunday, March 1, 2020. If you have questions, please email Libby Snipes.
2020 Annual Meeting
Saturday, April 18, 2020
- UNO Thompson Alumni Center, 6705 Dodge St.
- Ogallala Service Center, 302 West D St.
- Columbus Service Center, 1570 33rd Ave.
- Grand Island Service Center, 2400 E Wildwood Dr.